venerdì 14 dicembre 2012

Polpette di lenticchie vegan / Lentils Veggieballs



Today as soon as I have seen lentils in my pantry, I wanted to prepare something special with them.
So why not some veggieballs? I checked on internet for a vegan recipe and then I customized it... Let's see the ingredients:
  • 400 g of dried lentils
  • 2 boiled potatoes
  • 1 onion
  • 1 stalk of celery
  • my Special Salt
  • 1 carrot
  • olive oil
  • some walnuts
  • oregano 
  • bread crumbs
I boiled the lentils until they were very soft. I choped onion, celery and the carrot in very small pieces and I fried them for few minutes. I removed the liquid from the lentils and I smashed half of them with the the potatoes. In a bowl I mixed the soffritto* with the smashed vegetables, the other lentils, oregano and salt. Once properly mixed ( if the mixture is too soft add some bread crums) I created some balls and I rolled them in bread crumbs.
To cook them two options are possible:
  1. the most tasty one is to fry them until golden brown
  2. the most healthy one is to cook them in oven for 30 min at 200°C  
Buon appetito!!!


 
Oggi appeno ho visto le lenticchie in dispensa ho deciso di usare per preparare qualcosa di gustoso . Perchè non delle polpette vegetali? Ho cercato su internet una ricetta vegana e poi l'ho personalizzata... Vediamo gli ingredienti:
  • 400g di lenticchie secche
  • 2 patate bollite
  • una cipolla
  • un gambo di sedano
  • una carota
  • il mio sale speciale
  • olio extra vergine di oliva
  • alcune noci
  • origano
  • pangrattato
Ho bollito le lenticchie fino a rendere molto morbide. Ho tritato la cipolla, il sedano e la carota e li ho soffritti per alcuni minuti. Ho scolato le lenticchie e ho frullato la metà di loro con le patate. In un recipiente ho mescolato il soffritto con le verdure frullate, le lenticchie intere, origano e sale. Una volta ben mischiati (se il composto fosse troppo morbido aggiungere un po' di pangrattato), ho formato delle palline e le ho passate nel pangrattato. 
Per la cottura ci sono due possibilità:
  1. la più golosa è quella di friggerle in olio di semi fino a doratura
  2. la versione più salutare è quella di cuocerle in forno a 200°C per circa 30 minuti
Buon appetito!!!




*Note for my English readers: Soffritto is an Italian word to express a mixture of finely chopped onions, celery, carrots ( etc.) sauteed in olive oil.

Ispirata da:
http://www.veganblog.it/2010/11/04/polpette-di-lenticchie-2/

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento